Everybody is changing & I dont feel the same..

My photo
Me.......an ordinary boy getting my own life into lots of things very 7+1 about everything, that's why like to be a listener a quite pessimistic boy, but i am trying to be a optimist i am easily get hurt and very sensitive, but thats not really what i wan i need cares n loves!! A quote for me: Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expecting them!!! fully agree with this...

Monday, July 4, 2011

കോഫി : വാല്നുറ്റ്..... Coffee Walnut.. aha



""The International in Kochin was a great deal of celebrating some free time with my pals. I have never thought of gettinf this great coffee deal with the new dimension in flavour"".
ദി ഇന്റര്‍നാഷണല്‍ ഇന്‍ കൊച്ചിന്‍ വാസ് എ ഗ്രേറ്റ്‌ ഡീല്‍ ഓഫ് സെലെബ്രടിംഗ് സോമേ ഫ്രീ ടൈം വിത്ത്‌ മൈ പാലസ്. ഐ ഹാവ് നെവെര്‍ തൌഘ്റ്റ് ഓഫ് ഗെട്ടിന്ഫ് ദിസ്‌ ഗ്രേറ്റ്‌ കോഫി ഡീല്‍ വിത്ത്‌ ദി ന്യൂ ദിമെന്സിഒന് ഇന്‍ ഫ്ലാവൌര്‍.
I am a dyed-in-the-wool, unrepentant coffee drinker who comes from a long line of dyed-in-the-wool, unrepentant coffee drinkers. I am one of those people who isn't fully human until she's had a cup of coffee in the morning. Even my children, as young as they are, know to stay out of my way until I've had at least a few sips of coffee. Sure, it's an addiction of sorts, but I also love it for the ritual, the sputter of the coffee-maker coming to life, the warmth of the mug in my hands, the deep black-brown turning to a lovely light tan with the addition of cream. There are many things in life I could give up without so much as a backward glance, but coffee isn't one of them. Asking me to give up coffee would be like asking me to give up my children...although depending on their behaviour at any given moment, my children might be the easier thing to give up.


I've found that many people who don't drink coffee often enjoy coffee-flavoured foods. My husband is one of these people. He loves coffee ice cream, baked goods with a coffee flavour and he even loves the smell of freshly-ground coffee. He just doesn't like the actual drink. This seems strange to me, but as I too love coffee-flavoured things, I try to capitalize on this fairly frequently. If I could secretly get him addicted to caffeine, well, let's just say I wouldn't be unhappy with that. After all, addiction loves company and I wouldn't mind having a partner in crime.

I discovered a few months ago that coffee and walnuts go together very nicely, in my Walnut Torte with Coffee Whipped Cream. So when I needed a grab-and-go breakfast option, muffins with this flavour-combination came to mind. And then, because I find it hard to just go with simple things when it comes to baking, I thought I would gussy it up with some coffee-flavoured glaze. Ground walnuts and almond flour formed the basis of my muffins, with some chopped, toasted walnuts for extra texture and crunch. A few tablespoons of instant coffee added the flavour I adore so much. And the glaze was so easy, just mix a little powdered sweetener with coffee and there you have it.


Some might think that I was a little heavy-handed on the coffee flavouring here, but I adore these. It's like coffee in solid form, with a walnutty aftertaste. You could always cut back on the instant coffee, if you want a less in-you-face coffee taste (but why you would want to is beyond me!). These muffins were wonderfully moist from the sour cream. Quite honestly, they were just as good without the glaze as with, but I just like the over-the-top touch of adding glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment